ACTEX Learning Presents:
ACTEX eLearning Webinar:
Actuarial Leadership: The Decision-Maker
Co-Sponsored by the Canadian Institute of Actuaries
1.5 SOA/EA CPD, CAS CE Credits/Training Hours
This is a potential source of 1.25 hours of CPD for the Canadian Institute of Actuaries
All prices are in USD
Are you an actuary who:
- Is frustrated by meetings that entail lots of discussion of a problem, but no resolution?
- Is tired of meeting after meeting rehashing the same issues?
- Would like to know a better way to approach decision making and problem solving, both as an individual and as a team?
This webinar will introduce you to a process of how to make the highest quality decisions in the shortest amount of time possible. Even better, you will also be able to use the process to facilitate problem-solving meetings with clients or colleagues – meetings that are focused and stay on track.
After attending this presentation you will improve your insights, tools and techniques to help you:
- Identify barriers to effective decision making
- View decision making as a journey
- Learn a logical process for streamlining decision making (The Precision Decisions Path)
- Conduct shorter, more productive meetings
- Overcome indecisiveness
- Contain non-productive emotions
- View a situation from all sides
- Identify the 3 most common dysfunctional patterns in decision making
- Map an individual’s decision making process
- Package the decision in its most favorable light
- Prevent “the meeting following the meeting”
David C. Miller, FSA, MS, PCC is founder and CEO of Leadership Growth Strategies. He is an internationally-recognized human development expert specializing in sales, leadership and change management. He has developed and presented nearly 500 customized programs for organizations internationally on three different continents and has personally coached over 1,000 business professionals and corporate executives in over 75 different organizations.
Dave is author of The Influential Actuary, a book focused on helping actuaries develop the skills and strategies to be set apart in the way they communicate, influence and relate to others.
Who Should Attend?
- Any actuary who wants to break out of his or her comfort zone and make a greater impact
- Any actuary who is interested in making better decisions in their professional and personal lives
- Anyone seeking to learn better ways to facilitate more productive meetings, problem-solving sessions and strategic planning sessions
The registration fee includes 180-day unlimited on-demand access to this event and the handouts.
All prices are in USD.
Participants must agree to the ACTEXeLearning.com Site Policy in order to access this webinar.
EA Credit Information:
The Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) has approved ACTEX as a qualifying sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) programs for enrolled actuaries.
ACTEX believes in good faith that you may earn continuing professional education (CPE) non-core non-ethics credits under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this webinar. The JBEA makes the final determination about what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics CPE and the number of CPE credit hours allocated.
What is the difference between 10+ participants & 1-connection and 10+ participants & Multi-connection?
'Connection' refers to how many participants will access our Webinar by signing-in at ACTEXeLearning.com.
Customers who have purchased a 1-connection option will have the purchaser sign-in and share the video on their monitor (or via video-conference, Skype or other video sharing format) with up to the number of participants purchased for. Username and password information is not to be shared with the other participants.
Customers who have purchased our Multi-connection option will be sent login information and an access key. Each participant will then be able to login on their own computer, with their own username & password, at their own convenience.
- Access information is sent to the email address listed under Shipping Information on your order.
- If you have 8+ participants needing their own access you should select our Multi-connection option for the best value.
- All registrations include 180-day unlimited on-demand access to the Webinar and the handouts.
Discount for Full-Time Students:
Students with current enrollment as a full-time student at any college/university are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinar 1-2 participant options. In order to access this discount, please email proof of enrollment using your college/university e-mail address to Support@ActexMadRiver.com. Examples of enrollment proof would be a copy of your registration information, or an unofficial transcript.
Discount for Active Military Personnel:
Active U.S. Military personnel are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinar 1-2 participant options. In order to access this discount, please email us at Support@ActexMadRiver.com from your military email address.
Discount for Educators:
Faculty members of any accredited higher-education institution are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinars. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your college/university e-mail address.
Discount for Regulatory Actuaries:
Regulatory Actuaries (Regulators) are eligible for a 30% discount off ACTEX Webinars. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your government e-mail address.