ACTEX eLearning Presents:
ACTEX eLearning Webinar:
Actuarial Leadership: The Risk-Taker
Co-Sponsored by the Canadian Institute of Actuaries
1.5 SOA/EA CPD, CAS CE Credits/Training Hours
This is a potential source of 1.25 hours of CPD for the Canadian Institute of Actuaries
Actuaries are the experts at assessing and managing risk, but many actuaries are also risk averse when it comes to their careers.
- Do you want more for your career but find resistance to the idea of taking more risk?
- Do you have a more passive nature that holds you back?
- Do you sometimes feel dismissed and overlooked?
- Do you know you deep inside that if you were more confident, you would realize more success?
Success requires taking risks and moving out of your comfort zone. To do this, you need to develop a mental toughness like you've never had before. The #1 reason people don't succeed is that they get in their own way (self-sabotage)!
Past surveys by both the SOA and ACTEX have shown that employers and executives perceive a need for actuaries to improve both their leadership and communications skills.To fill this need, ACTEX is partnering with Dave Miller, a communications and leadership expert who is also an actuary himself, with this series of webinars.
In this webinar, you will discover:
- Two principles that will help you to avoid self-sabotage,
- The formula for developing mental toughness,
- 3 techniques you can use every day to master your mindset,
- How to position yourself so that you can boldly step out of your comfort zone and be more effective!
David C. Miller, FSA, MS, PCC is founder and CEO of Leadership Growth Strategies. He is an internationally-recognized human development expert specializing in sales, leadership and change management. He has developed and presented nearly 500 customized programs for organizations internationally on three different continents and has personally coached over 1,000 business professionals and corporate executives in over 75 different organizations.
Dave is author of The Influential Actuary, a book focused on helping actuaries develop the skills and strategies to be set apart in the way they communicate, influence and relate to others.
Who Should Attend?
Any actuary who wants to break out of his or her comfort zone and make a greater impact.
The registration fee includes 180-day unlimited on-demand access to this event and the handouts.
All prices are in USD.
Participants must agree to the ACTEXeLearning.com Site Policy in order to access this webinar.
EA Credit Information:
The Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) has approved ACTEX as a qualifying sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) programs for enrolled actuaries.
ACTEX believes in good faith that you may earn continuing professional education (CPE) non-core non-ethics credits under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this webinar. The JBEA makes the final determination about what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics CPE and the number of CPE credit hours allocated.
What is the difference between 10+ participants & 1-connection and 10+ participants & Multi-connection?
'Connection' refers to how many participants will access our Webinar by signing-in at ACTEXeLearning.com.
Customers who have purchased a 1-connection option will have the purchaser sign-in and share the video on their monitor (or via video-conference, Skype or other video sharing format) with up to the number of participants purchased for. Username and password information is not to be shared with the other participants.
Customers who have purchased our Multi-connection option will be sent login information and an access key. Each participant will then be able to login on their own computer, with their own username & password, at their own convenience.
- Access information is sent to the email address listed under Shipping Information on your order.
- If you have 8+ participants needing their own access you should select our Multi-connection option for the best value.
- All registrations include 180-day unlimited on-demand access to the Webinar and the handouts.