ACTEX eLearning Presents:
ACTEX eLearning Webinar:
The Growth & Pricing of Voluntary Benefits
Opportunities in a Post-Health Care Reform World
Recording of live event which occurred on January 12, 2017
1.2 SOA CPD, CAS CE Credits/Training Hours
The supplemental health insurance market changed dramatically with the introduction of the Affordable Care Act. Carriers are diversifying their risks and exploring new avenues of business. This session will discuss the various types of products carriers are exploring, e.g. Hospital Indemnity, Accident, and Critical Illness.
This session will review where we are with regard to supplemental health products. Topics will include the ACA's impact on:
- Product design;
- Product filings;
- Market entry, competition, and product positioning; and
- Possible future developments.
The session will discuss what carriers should consider in the development of these products and new trends in the worksite market as a result of expansion.
This session looks to explore trends in Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness products, including concerns around pricing, reserving, marketing and distribution.
This session will also discuss health regulatory updates and how they relate to supplemental health products.
At the conclusion of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the current market landscape and risk concerns for supplemental health products in the worksite;
- Identify key external forces in the voluntary market;
- Identify important health regulatory updates for non-health benefit plans;
- Identify the impact of the ACA and potential future regulatory changes on the supplemental market; and
- Apply emerging market trends to their actuarial work.
Who Should Attend?
Those who should attend include:
- Actuaries and actuarial analysts at companies who recently have begun selling voluntary products;
- Actuaries and actuarial analysts at companies who would like to enhance their current product offerings.
- Actuaries and actuarial analysts who would like to hear about the latest industry information about what is occurring and what may occur in the supplemental marketplace.
Instructor Dave Dillon
Dave Dillon joined Lewis & Ellis as a consultant in 1999 specializing in health insurance and healthcare analysis. Since the passage of the ACA, Dave has focused on healthcare reform analysis and implementation and the impact the ACA has on all health insurance markets.
Dave is up-to-date in the affairs of his profession and the health insurance industry by being a recent member of the SOA Health Section Council and an active speaker at industry meetings. Dave serves on the SOA’s Health Research Committee and he is the coordinator and lead interviewer for the Health Section Council’s podcast series, which touches on all health insurance topics, including product development and voluntary products.
The registration fee includes access to the webcast recording and supplemental materials for up to 180 days.
Please Note: all prices are USD.
Discount for Educators, Students and Regulators:
Educators and students affiliated with any accredited higher education institution are eligible for a 30% discount. In order to access this discount, please email your request using your college/university e-mail address (.edu) to Support@ActexMadRiver.com for further instructions.
Regulatory Actuaries (Regulators) are eligible for a 30% discount. In order to access this discount, please email your request to Support@ActexMadRiver.com for further instructions.
Please Note: Participants must agree to the ACTEXeLearning.com Site Policy in order to access this webinar.