ACTEX Learning/Mad River Books recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of your personal information. It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you, and all information you give us through this website is done so on secure servers.
We request personal information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact and financial information. This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order or need to reach you, we'll use this information to contact you.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. ACTEX Learning/Mad River Books never shares, sells or otherwise transfers your personal information to any 3rd parties, for which we do not have common ownership.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You may do so by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (800) 282-2839 or (860) 379-5470.
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are used for website functionality such as displaying content, logging in, validating sessions, etc.
- Performance cookies: these cookies help us improve and track engagement across our website such as pages visited, and traffic sources.
- Media cookies: cookies are used to provide special features and content as well as to enhance website performance. They can be placed by third parties who provide services to ACTEX/Mad River Books with our permission.
- Advertising & Tracking cookies: cookies can serve advertisements on other websites related to your interests and search history on our website; our remarketing efforts through Google use this type of cookie.
- Session cookies: these may be used to remember shopping cart items while you navigate our website. This type of cookie expires after you end your browser session and are not stored long term.
To disable cookies, check your browser settings.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect and analyze cyber traffic data from our website. When someone visits our website, Google Analytics collects data from the visitor’s browser as well as first party cookies. The data extracted from the first party cookies includes site preferences as well as distinguishes unique visitors to our site. All collected data is anonymous by default. We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use the service to track, collect, or upload any data that personally identifies you the individual (such as names, email addresses, or billing information). The data is compiled into statistical reports by Google Analytics and is then shared exclusively with the ACTEX/Mad River Books. We make use of the following features of Google Analytics' Display Advertising service: Remarketing, Network Impression Reporting, and Demographics and Interest Reporting.
Google offers website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics. You may download the feature here.